Last month the Class of 1959 celebrated the 50th anniversary of their graduation from Marion L. Steele High School. They have the honor of being the first class to graduate from the school, which was completed in 1958.
Mayor David Taylor issued a proclamation declaring July 18, 2008, “Marion L. Steele Class of 1959 Day.” In honor of the Mayor’s proclamation, the class donated and presented an Amish-made, inscribed oak bench, which now sits beneath Miss Steele’s portrait in the high school lobby . The inscription reads, “Donated by the Class of 1959.”
Pictured standing on the left of the bench are class members Dale Rosenkranz and Ken Rosenbusch. Jane Cahl and Judy Rosenkranz are shown sitting, and Principal Mike Gillam stands to the right of the bench.